Monday, February 14, 2011

When words fail me...

I find myself at a loss for words
Nothing I think of can suffice
To describe what I hold inside

My thoughts, when forced against their will
Into the stark black and white of letters on a page,
Lose their meaning and become nothing more than another silly rhyme

I try my best to convey how I feel
To show you my heart
To make you understand what I really mean

But my attempts fall short
My sentences only paint a mangled picture of the reality I see
And I heave a sigh

If only I could spill my heart out on this page
The way tears spill so freely down my cheeks
So that you could see the glimmer of beauty that hides in this ugly shell

Yet, my words betray me and I am left, speechless
Without an eloquent mask of poetry to hide behind
I stutter uncertainly

Still my passion refuses to be silenced
So I will speak my heart
Though no doubt it will be ruined in the telling

In this endless attempt to make you understand
I will speak those three words that have been said so many times before
That at times it seems their value has been lost

You may question my sincerity
You may pass my words off as just another meaningless cliche
But when I say this to you I mean it with every particle of my being

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment