Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lost

Lost
I stand here among the dust
That was stirred into a billowing cloud
Lifted from the ground by hurrying feet
I stand here and watch him leave
I long to hold him close but already he is
Gone

Tears
If only they would come
My eyes are dry
My heart too sore to cry
I can only watch the dust
And wait for it to settle so I can
See

Prayers
Come unbidden to my lips
That he will be safe
And stay close to his God
That I will see him soon
And that I remain forever in his
Thoughts

Alone
The tears come at last
Sweet relief for my weary mind
Clearing my eyes to see that beauty still remains
Reminding me that God is close
I will wait for his
Return

Lost
Once again in the swirling cloud
Shaken up by the same hurrying feet
But this time they draw close and closer still
Wildly my heart beats, full of hope
Then, once again, he is here and I am
Found

3/10/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment