Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No Surrender.

nosaltyscrotums:

this explains me almost perfectly.
Reblogged this from http://djcuppycake.tumblr.com.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Yet, even as my heart leaps in agreement with the words above, I know that these feelings, as real as they seem, are not entirely accurate.  There is Someone who will be there for me.  Someone who will help me and save me and fix me, but sometimes Jesus seems so far away.  I cannot see Him or smell Him or touch Him. It leaves my carnal nature crying out to be held and loved and wanted.  To have a man's arms holding me so tightly and with such love that I cannot escape.  To feel the rush of his raw emotions pulsing through my body as his heart beats next to mine.  To breathe in his heady, intoxicating scent.  It sounds so fleshly, so sinful, so selfish.  I know and I am ashamed, but my fragile human nature continues to crave that physical and emotional affirmation.  I refuse to surrender to these natural desires.  I will wait for the man God has for me.  I will wait for him....eagerly.  Christ, help me to be satisfied in your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment