Friday, February 11, 2011

February Funk

Okay.  I'll admit it.  I've been just a little bit sappy lately.....make that very sappy.  So shoot me, but with Valentines Day just around the corner I think I have at least some small justification for my current mood.  A year ago at this time I was getting to know my best friend.  At the time I thought it would never be more than a friendship.  I was wrong and that was only the first in a long series of misunderstandings and mistakes.  Yet, despite all the "drama", the arguments, and the break up, there are still so many wonderful memories.  When I think back on them all it makes me teary eyed.  I guess this will be the first Valentines that I'm actually disappointed to be dateless.  I know who I want my Valentine to be, but sadly, we aren't talking at the moment.  Or rather, I have talked and he has not replied.  It's been tough and my emotions have been evident in my writing, which has hovered between melancholy, melodramatic, and boy-crazy.  What can I say?  I love the kid and waiting has never been my cup of tea.  Although, I must say, that I've been drinking so much of it lately that I'm beginning to appreciate the flavor.  The flavor of waiting, that is, not of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment