Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To my readers

Dear Reader,

I do not know who you are or if you even exist, but I feel that if you are there I should, at some point, acknowledge your presence.  This is my acknowledgment.  Since I have only shared this blog with two of my closest friends, neither of whom, I believe, has taken much interest in reading it, I will assume that we have never met.  In that assumption I take comfort.  For in this blog, this mess of words, this collection of the fragmented thoughts, pictures, feelings, and music that make up my days, I have begun to share who I am.  At times it scares me to realize that I am allowing slivers of my heart to be examined by the random passerby.  At other times I feel privileged to know that someone might stop to look.  My only hope is that, as the days pass and this blog continues to be filled with the stories of my life, someone will find in my rants and rambles some measure of comfort or wisdom or peace.  That as I sort out the mess of emotions, ideas, and people who define me.  As I seek to rectify who I am with who I should be.  As I strive to follow in the footsteps of my Savior.  As I struggle to find balance amidst the hectic schedule of school and work and life.  As I continue to wait, at times impatiently, for the man I love.  That somehow my stories will, to some small degree, reflect the beauty of my Creator and become a spark of light in this dark world.

With all sincerity,
onelovingsister

No comments:

Post a Comment