Monday, January 24, 2011

A Note on Notes

I do not like to take notes.  Why?

1. Taking notes means I have to pay some amount of attention to what my professor is saying and what is on the slides and/or board, which means I can't be completely lost in my own thoughts.

2. Taking notes is boring, very boring, especially if the class is boring.  If the class is interesting, I want to pay attention to the lecture not to transcribing it into my notebook.

3.  With an average of 3.8 hours of classes every day my hand is beginning to get pretty sore by my last class.  Particularly on Wednesday, when I have 5 hours of classes spaced out from 8 to 3.

4.  Did I mention how much I hate taking notes?

So, as much as possible, I have avoided taking notes throughout my college career, but I decided to end that trend this semester.  Why?

1.  I am taking 7 classes.

2.  I need to maintain a 4.0 GPA.

3.  I really like to spazz and/or facebook and/or Skype and/or g-chat during class and that will occasionally result in my retaining very little of a lecture's content for future reference.

4.  I am a poor example to my fellow students with my completely chill classroom attitude.

It is because of the aforementioned reasons that I have begun to take notes and it is because I have begun to take notes in all 7 of my classes that I have, in the first fortnight of this semester, accumulated more notes than I did throughout the entirety of the past 2 semesters combined.  Crazy, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment