Monday, January 17, 2011

Fix Me

"When you love someone, but it goes to waste.  Could it be worse?"

I love Coldplay's song Fix You.  It describes my life so perfectly sometimes.  It seems like I'm always trying, but no matter what I do I keep falling farther and farther behind.  Well, tonight as I studied I was listening to Fix You (on repeat, mind you) and while I listened I was thinking (yes, thinking).  Stuck in this haze that is known as "studying for finals" my mind often wanders off to extremely tangential and often trivial topics.  This time it happened to be the topic of love going to waste.  There have been two very distinct times in my life where I felt that my love was simply thrown away.  It seemed to me that I had sullied my heart and squandered my time completely in vain.

Tonight something happened to change that perspective a bit.  As I listened to Coldplay a thought struck me, "Can real love ever go to waste?"  I've been reading 1 Corinthians 13 throughout the past week and one of the verses stood out to me, "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.  Love never fails."  How can a love that deep be a complete waste?  Sure, it may be painful.  Perhaps, it will turn your world upside down and inside out.  It may even leave you struggling to remember who you really are, but it can also leave you stronger, more hopeful, more faithful, and more persistent.  I don't think that can be called a waste.  To love someone like our Savior loves us?  No, definitely not a waste.  Scary?  Sad?  Uncertain?  Heartbreaking?  Certainly.  Just remember that, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  Surrender your heart to Jesus and He WILL fix you.  

12/13/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment