Sunday, January 30, 2011

Encouraged

Lately, I have begun to feel like I am sinking back into the same pit of depression that I was trapped in last semester, weighted down by a combination of utter exhaustion and unhappiness. It's just so hard to have someone that I love and have shown consistent thoughtfulness and support for imply that I deserve his complete physical and emotional withdrawal from our relationship.  However, throughout this storm of emotions it has been the occasional snarky remark, offhand comment, and unexpected text that have kept my hopes for the future just a little brighter.  These are my top 5 phrases of encouragement from the past few days.


"oh marissa, how modest you can be.  these little things (whether you know it or not) boost your cool points every time" -myles

‎"You're a pretty interesting person. I might even talk to you in my free time."     
-professor peterson

"how you doing?  emotionally and programatically?" -kayton

"You know you're one of the strongest people I know... Strong as in you can put up with life's crap and still be able to push on. I admire that :)" -matt

"No, you are not nosy.  Whoever said you were nosy, just tell them to SHUT. UP."  -julian

No comments:

Post a Comment