Sunday, April 10, 2011

New View

The day stretches on
As homework waits to be finished
My mind stumbles over problems
Left half done
Just like my missed classes
Have left my knowledge only partially complete

Nightfall comes and still yet
My work cries for completion
But for some reason
I rest easy in the realization
That I do not understand
And am, indeed, completely confused.

I am surprised at my lack of frustration
For though part of me chafes
At my obvious stupidity
Another part is relieved
To encounter a problem that refuses
A quick capitulation to my demands.

If only I could look at life
Through the same set of lenses
And take in stride the trials and setbacks
Which I so frequently encounter
Instead of letting hardship poison my heart
With disappointment and defeat.

It's time to view the world in a brighter light
To see my problems as foes to be vanquished
My heartaches as chances to grow
Rather than letting my troubles
Become barricades to the vibrant future
That God has set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment