Thursday, April 7, 2011

Defeat

I am weighed down by this burden that I cannot define
Stretched so thin that I feel sure I will soon be torn asunder
Muddling my way through this mess of life
I have never been more lost
I thought I knew what I wanted
And where I was going
But you have confused me
You have brought my plans
Tumbling down and I am
Undone.

I used to be so strong and ready to tackle anything that life threw my way
But it seems that all the fight has gone out of my blood
For I am always so tired and indifferent
I never thought this day would come
When I would be handed the keys
To the brightest of futures
And instead of joy  and excitement
I would be consumed  with doubt and fear
I never thought I would feel so
Defeated.

Beaten down, broken-hearted, weary of this world
I can no longer summon the courage
To reach out to you again
For each time I renew my faith in you
Each time I let my hope spring anew
You trample it down without hesitation
Sorrow turns to bitter disappointment
And my disappointment fuels a growing anger
I am so very tired and so very
Alone.

2 comments:

  1. You need to forget about the "You" of whom you speak. I'm sure I'm not the first to say it.

    It's okay to grieve for what was lost. It's not okay to let the "might have been" impede the future, however. If you don't latch on to your future, your soul could wither away.

    Pardon me if this is totally irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, jamie....it's not totally irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete