Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trapped

I was certain of what I wanted to do
But that all changed when I met you

When I met you I dropped my guard
You showed me love and I fell so hard. 

And that's when my steps began to fumble 
I watched my dreams all start to crumble

But in their ashes new ones grew
And every one I shared with you

No longer looking for acclaim
I only wished to share your name

But now you're gone. That's in the past
My heart is shut up, tight and fast

Trapped on the path that I have begun
Moving forward at a run

Trying to forget what could have been
If only you had let me in

Choices are made without delay
My dreams are fading, fading away

I'm striving and climbing to get to the top
But all along I just want to stop

I have no choice, but to keep on moving
Although I don't know what I'm doing

At every turn I attain success
Every one thinks I'm getting the best

Four years and two degrees
Straight A's and a Ph.D.

But this is not what I want anymore
Your love has taught me to long for more

So in the dark of these long lonely nights
I'll cry for all those if's and mights

But as I cry I'll hope and pray
That these dead dreams lead me your way

No comments:

Post a Comment