Thursday, March 10, 2011

Inhale

Inhale
And in that passing breath
I smell you
Strong and clean
It overwhelms me
With a sudden urge
To call your name
To bury my face in the crook of your neck
To feel your arms pulling me close
Holding me tight

Eyes
Flicker upward
And I realize
That you are not there
Only the ghost of a memory
Remains by my side
Even as my nostrils fill with your sweet scent
My eyes begin to fill with tears
For I know that never again
Will I feel your love

The day
Begun with blue skies and happy heart
Now shifts to darkened hues of grey
Sadness thicker than a bank of clouds
Rolls unbidden over me
For though, with each passing day,
I grow less tender to your blows
It seems I never can escape
The stark reality
That my love for you will never be returned

No comments:

Post a Comment