Monday, March 14, 2011

Pictures....

Throbbing at the sight of your face
Bringing the tears in a stinging rush to my eyes
I kick myself for this sorrow I feel
For I know you have long since moved on
But what I felt for you was real
And it refuses to be quieted by my will
If only things had not gone as they did
If only I had kept my heart as my own
Instead of letting you inside
To so quickly rip it to shreds
But it's okay
I love you anyway
And one day you will know
That my love for you was worth more than this
More than just another college friend
More than just another passing whim
More than you have yet to understand
Enough to give up all I've ever wanted
To help you chase your dreams
My love for you
Would break down any wall
And cross any sea
That dared separate
You from me
Except for
This
Wall
Solid
Impenetrable
That you have built
Between
Us
This
Wall
That turned 'we'
Into
You
and
Me
I have tried
To break it down
But now I know
That my efforts are in vain
You have turned me away
Blocked me out
Rejected me
And I know
That we will never be
But still I cry
For what I hoped to see
Because no matter what you
Say
Despite everything you can
Do
I will always know that
I
Loved
You

No comments:

Post a Comment