Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Break Me Down

I stand and stare at the window
Wishing to see what lies beyond the glass
But instead I am confronted by the reflection of my own terrified face

Break me down
If that is what it takes
For me to see your face
The face on the other side

If it is my pride
That stands between us
And only lets my eyes see me,
Then, I beg you, bring me to my knees
Make me understand the frailty of my plans.

If it is my heart
That blocks my view of you
With its own selfish desires,
Then tear my heart asunder, withstanding all my tears,
Let me see the folly of my silly human fears.

When at last I am stripped
Of all my foolish pride
And my heart is wrung dry
Of all my hopes and loves
I will stand here, empty-handed and brokenhearted,
Yet filled with peace and grace
At last face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment