Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Puzzle of Me

I am
A puzzle
A hodge podge collection of different pieces
That somehow
Click together
To form a landscape
Of colors
From dark somber hues of black and grey
To the brightest colors of a summer day

Like a puzzle
I am
Easily broken apart
Into a thousand little shapes
But readily put back together again
Although it takes time
To find the scattered pieces
And figure out where they fit
Into the picture of my life

You broke me apart
When you walked away
You thought
I would be okay
You were sure
That, with time,
I would somehow manage
To put myself back together
Although I said I never could

Just a puzzle, I am
Beginning to figure out
How my pieces come together
To form my life's bigger picture
As I work I start to think
You were right
Perhaps, with time,
All the pieces will fall
Back in place

But the closer I get
To cleaning up this mess
Of my life
The more puzzle pieces
I put in place
The clearer it becomes
That something is wrong
With this picture
I'm building

Then I discover
That when you left
You took the pieces of my heart
With you
And no matter
How much time passes me by
No matter
How hard I try to forget you and I
I still need those pieces to finish the puzzle

This puzzle of me
Will always be beautiful
In its own broken way
But it can never
Be complete
Without you here
I can never be okay
Without the pieces
You took away

No comments:

Post a Comment