Thursday, June 23, 2011

Morning Reflection

The morning sun
Wakes me up
As I inhale deep breaths
Of Life
The essence of creation
Of Hope
The gift of your Spirit
Of Love
The very fiber of Your being

Your Life
Moves through me
Stirring my sleeping spirit
To awake
From its deadly slumber
And arise from this soft bed
Of worldly desires and pursuits
To walk in the fullness of your Plans
And be renewed in your abundant Life

Your Hope
Is a tiny seed
Fallen in the crumbled dust
Of my ruined life
Taking root in my very soul
It grows quickly
Pushing upwards
Toward the light of your Son
Filling me with Joy inexplicable

Your Love
Cannot be contained
In this fragile broken vessel of my heart
It overcomes me
Overfills me
A shining rushing river of You
Spilling out around me
In an unstoppable flood
Of never ending Love

And as my spirit quickens with Life
And Hope grows within my soul
As I am resurrected in You
Overwhelmed with the joy of your Love
I can begin to feel your gentle hands at work
Picking up the pieces of my damaged heart
Healing the devastation
I never thought could be repaired
Turning my tears to laughter with the wonder of
Your Life
Your Hope
Your Love
YOU

 "He heals the brokenhearted
  And binds up their wounds."  -Psalm 147:3

"Now hope does not disappoint, 
 because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts 
 by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
                                                                     -Romans 5:5

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; 
 there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. 
 There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
                                                                             -Revelations 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment