Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reminiscing

Innocent
Naive
Alone
Afraid
You saw me that day
But you didn't know what to say

Young 
Laughing
Happy 
Unaware
I had not the slightest idea
I had caught your heart in my snare

Classmates
Lab Partners
Study Buddies
Friends
Each week that passed the closer we grew
Still you never said what you knew to be true

Silly
Sleepless
Giggles
Mean
I never guessed that in lab you were always such a tease
Just to cover your blush when my thigh brushed your knees

Butterflies
Soft sighs
Late night talks
Random walks
I finally began to see
What you really meant to me

Flowers for my hair
Longing stares
Holding me close
Not letting go
Your eyelashes brush my cheek
I can't bear the thought you'll be gone in a week

Distance
Patience
Waiting
Weeping
Far apart now I remember how you rarely said
The thoughts running through your head

Fear
Jealousy 
Losing you
Fighting me
Just 'cause I don't hear it anymore
Doesn't make your love for me any less sure

Smile
Work
Hope
Love
One day we'll be together again
And nothing else will matter then

No comments:

Post a Comment