Friday, September 2, 2011

flashback

Tonight, as I unpacked my bags from Cali and repacked them for Oahu I ended up sorting through the contents of an assortement of bags and backbacks.  During this process of emptying and rearranging, I stumbled across a crumpled index card.  On it was a few lines I jotted down sometime in the wee hours of the morning back in July of 2010.  I found it interesting and somewhat encouraging to find that, over a year after I wrote the words and three months after finally hearing the crushing answer to the "question", my heart has not changed.

"Midnight comes and goes
 I cannot bring myself to sleep
 Uncertainty haunts my footsteps 
 What does the future hold?
 I do not know.
 I wait for the answer to a question
 A question I did not pose and have already answered
 I wish I knew what to expect, but only God does.
 And then there are those three words
 Three words I long to hear, but only from him
 So I wait and hope and pray for the right time to come soon.
 Please, Lord, give me your patience, grant me your grace, and let me be filled with your peace. 
 I am yours, now and forever.  Be with me.
 I love you, Jesus, but only 'cause you loved first."

No comments:

Post a Comment