Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Struggle

Fight the urge to fall
For I fear to fail
And yet it seems
My destiny is to meet defeat
So all that remains
Is to fall into my fear
And secure my failure
In a warm embrace
Before it crushes me
Beneath the disappointment
Of hopes I cannot meet

"The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone" -Psalm 118:22
"and whomever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls,
it will grind him to powder."                                                                     -Matthew 21:44

May I fall, not into my own failure, but into line with His ways so
that my fall is broken by Him and I am broken on Him instead of being
crushed to powder as I stand in His way.

Lord, grant me the grace to believe what I know to be true,
that Your way is far better than my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment